Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dawson Creek!


Well, we've made it to Dawson Creek, British Columbia, which is the starting point for the Alaska Highway, Mile 0, as it's called.  We just had to get a photo by the mile marker.  Apparently they had to move the marker from the actual Mile 0, because there were too many accidents and traffic tie-ups from people wanted their picture taken!


Sorry I've been quiet for a few days, I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday training in Barrhead, Alberta at one of our properties, The Barrhead Inn and Suites.  A very nice hotel, with a great staff.  They really made me feel welcome.  It was about 1 1/2 hours from the spot near Edmonton where we were camping.  Mario and the kids held down the fort there while I was gone.  On Friday after I got back, we went to the West Edmonton Mall, Canada's answer to our Mall of America.  Not only do they have an amusement park in it, they also have a waterpark, and ice rink, and two mini golf courses!  Oh, and an (exotic?) animal exhibit, which Genny really "liked" (but wasn't so sure about the large snake!)

3 comments:

  1. Mario, do you ever were any other kind of pants? Dude, I hope those babies are getting at least washed! Speaking of wash, how is that going since you abandoned the washer/dryer purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No in fact I don't. I have three pairs of the Ramparts. 2 green and one gray. Since they are so durable and light I can wear them for 2-3 days before people begin to complain. I remember a gentleman (you) who wore a single pair of these pants for 7 days straight on a backpacking trip - day and night :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry is going well. Keeps Ryan busy every 3rd day at the laundromat at the RV parks.

    ReplyDelete