Friday, January 4, 2013

Watsonville and Monterey

Okay, so I've been bad again...I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post, but the holidays got in my way (I know, it's no excuse)

When I last posted, we were in Watsonville, at a charming little town campground.  Pinto Lake Park had  a nice lake, a playground, and a baseball diamond.  We had a couple of fun games while we were there.

Baseball was fun, and on Saturday (Dec 8th), we went into Monterey and wandered around.  There's a large park in the center that was created by Dennis the Menace creator, Hank Ketcham.



The Dolphin statue was down by the bay, the lion water fountain was in the park.





On Sunday, we wandered down highway 1, along the coast of California.  It was a beautiful drive, and we even saw a pod of whales off the coast as we were driving.  Some beautiful coast photos, with seals too.


 The whales were a bit hard to see, but the spouts were unmistakable.











We also got a nice glimpse of Hearst Castle.

Next up is Pismo Beach, and Hanukkah, I'll try to get that in tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment